Construction Application for Payment Solution for QuickBooks-Product Details
Construction Application for Payment Solution works with QuickBooks® to provide a complete AIA® billing solution for General Contractors, Sub-contractors, Builders, and Developers; to help you create Percentage of Completion contract billings on actual AIA® G702 & G703 documents that you purchase from AIA® or an authorized distributor of AIA Contract Documents® or similar plain paper forms, without time-consuming data entry.
QuickBooks holds basic information about your customers and the job you are working on, Estimates(Scheduled Values), and Progress Invoices (current Accounts Receivable and Work Completed this period) information. It can, also, track Retainage Payable and/or Retainage Receivable. Construction Application for Payment Solution (CAPS) holds additional project information, architect information, retainage methods, percentage of completion calculations, and account for stored materials in liked records. Information in both programs is then merged together to generate the final billings and documents-without time-consuming duplicate data entry.
When used in conjunction with QuickBooks, Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.'s Construction Application for Payment Solution will broaden and enhance the QuickBooks end-user experience, as well as, their return on investment; allowing for timely delivery of complex billings and the generation of key Contract Documents. Construction Application for Payment Solution has proven to increase billing accuracy and reduce billing efforts up to 95%: effectively turning hours of work into minutes.
In addition to accuracy, reliability and convenience; processing AIA® billings using QuickBooks and Construction Application for Payment Solution gives customers numerous benefits, including the ability to :
Print on purchased AIA® Billing forms including:
- AIA® G-702 Contractor Application for Payment and G-703 Continuation Sheet.
- AIA® G-702 CMa Construction Managers and Advisors edition and G-703 Continuation Sheet.
- AIA® G-706 Contractor's Affidavit of Payment of Debts and Claims.
- AIA® G-706A Contractor's Affidavit of Release of Liens.
- AIA® G-707 Consent of Surety to Final Payment.
- AIA® G707A Consent of Surety to Reduction in or Partial Release of Retainage.
(NOTE: AIA, AIA Contract Document, G701, G701/CMa, G702, G702/CMa, G703, G704, G706, G706A, G707, G707A, G805, G732, A305 are trademarks of The American Institute of Architects. The Construction Application for Payment Solution program does not generate any original AIA Original Contract Documents with the red lettering or AIA logo. Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with The American Institute of Architects. The Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc., Construction Application for Payment Solution program creates substitute plain paper forms or prints your QuickBooks billing information onto pre-printed original AIA Contract Documents that must be purchased by users from the AIA or an authorized distributor of AIA Contract Documents.)
Use standard 8 1/2" x 11" paper to print other plain paper versions:
Includes additional functionality such as:
- Create Negative/Credit Contractors Certificate and Application for Payment on either original AIA® authentic documents or plain paper.
- Generate a Billing Sheet to help with next month's billing.
- Rounding lines 4-8 on the G702® to the nearest dollar.
- Set "Defaults" for retainage methods and forms to print on a job-by-job basis.
- Ability to adjust Line 7 of the G702® in prior periods.
- Add Subtotals, Page Totals, Running Totals, or Page Breaks after line items of your choice, on Exhibit A - Schedule of Work.
- Save completed plain paper billings to a folder of your choice on your computer, in Excel format, after previewing or printing.
- Includes a robust form alignment feature to assist with aligning your billing information on authentic AIA® forms G702 and G703.
Using the built-in Contract Document Manager, you can generate the following customizable plain paper contract documents (which are digitally signed) or design your own specialized documents.
- Contractor Qualification Statement
- Any of 35 pre-configured, generic, Lien Waiver & Releases (all fully customizable by you)
- Design your own specialized documents quickly and easily.
- Save the completed Contract documents to a folder of your choice after printing.
- Free 30-day trial available upon request.
How Does Construction Application for Payment Solution work? Watch a 20 minute video on how Construction Application for Payment Solution interfaces with QuickBooks by clicking on the video to the left.
Priced at $349.00 for a Construction Application for Payment Solution "company license", with the program to be installed on as many computers as required - via electronic download (see our Order Page for more details).
In order to successfully use CAPS:
- You must utilize the built-in Estimating and Progress Invoicing capabilities of QuickBooks or
- You may import Estimates that are created in an Estimating Software that maintains a QuickBooks interface
- and create Progress Invoices from the estimate.
- Add Project information to the "Ship To" Address Block of the QuickBooks Job Record.
- Edit the QuickBooks Job & Estimates Preference and make sure that the option for "Don't print items that have zero amount" is not checked.
- There may be NO subtotal lines within your Estimate.
- You cannot issue QuickBooks Credit Memos and expect CAPS to recognize them as Negative Change Orders.
Complete setup instructions are offered in a variety of learning methods: Audio/Video Training, self-paced training, comprehensive manuals, in-program help, or purchased training contracts.
If you haven't yet viewed the on-line demonstration, which provides an overview of how Construction Application for Payment Solution interfaces with QuickBooks, and is suitable for training, please go to our Construction Application Solution for QuickBooks Demonstration & Sample Forms page.
To view commonly asked questions; please go to our Frequently Asked Questions page, for other documentation, please visit the Construction Application for Payment Solution Training, Support, & Resource Center
- Alaska Department of Labor-LLS Online Certified Payroll Update
- Nevada DOT AASHTO Certified Payroll Upload Available
- QuickBooks 2024 Compatibility Announced
- Resolution for problems with initial QuickBooks 2022 release
- IMPORTANT! Problems with QuickBooks 2022 - Don't Upgrade
- Important News About QuickBooks Desktop 2021 & 2022
- 7-13-21: US DOL Releases Final WH-347 Form
- U.S. DOL issues temporary WH-347
- Another Update for Illinois DOL Electronic Uploads
- QuickBooks DESKTOP 2021 Compatibility IS AVAILABLE