Compatibility Virginia DOT AASHTO Trns•port® Payroll Spreadsheet
Virginia DOT has teamed up with the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and is now requiring ALL prime and subcontractors working on VDOT projects with federal funding to submit certified payrolls into the AASHTOWare Project Civil Rights and Labor™ (CRL) Management System.
You can create this spreadsheet with most of the data filled in by Certified Payroll Solution; however, there is NO WAY to provide this as a 100% accurate form that can be submitted due to complicated requirements. You will need to check this form carefully before submitting it.
The spreadsheet is provided by the vendor who developed the AASHTO Trans*port® system and many aspects of it cannot be changed or modified. This form has been provided in Excel 2007 format, therefore, Office/Excel 2007 or newer is required.
The most important thing that you need to be aware of is that this spreadsheet CANNOT be printed by CPS, nor will the print preview be readable by the human eye.
DO NOT call and tell us that the Preview of the report is wrong, as there is NOTHING we can do about this.
You MUST click the preview button on the Print Window in order for CPS to create the Excel spreadsheet for you so that you can upload it. Once the spreadsheet is in the Excel format, you can then open it and look at it and verify that the data is accurate and add any missing information that is required.
According to the Virginia DOT website “This new system provides a faster, easier, and more accurate way for contractors to meet government reporting requirements.” They also tell you that there are three ways in which to enter the data:
- Manually into the web based CRL system
- Import payroll data by using CRL System payroll spreadsheets with an XML converter tool
- Convert payroll program data to an XML file to import into the system.
What they don’t tell you is that both options 2 and 3 require some software coding experience or a lot of manipulation.
QuickBooks on its own, doesn’t provide you with all of the necessary information for you be able to import or convert the payroll data directly.
AASHTO requirements are very complex and require quite a bit of setup in Certified Payroll Solution, please follow the instructions in THIS DOCUMENT - pdf Virginia DOT AASHTO Setup (3.34 MB) carefully as this information is NOT yet in manuals or in program help.
- Alaska Department of Labor-LLS Online Certified Payroll Update
- Nevada DOT AASHTO Certified Payroll Upload Available
- QuickBooks 2024 Compatibility Announced
- Resolution for problems with initial QuickBooks 2022 release
- IMPORTANT! Problems with QuickBooks 2022 - Don't Upgrade
- Important News About QuickBooks Desktop 2021 & 2022
- 7-13-21: US DOL Releases Final WH-347 Form
- U.S. DOL issues temporary WH-347
- Another Update for Illinois DOL Electronic Uploads
- QuickBooks DESKTOP 2021 Compatibility IS AVAILABLE